5.31.2007

I Don't Believe We've Been Properly Introduced ...

My name is Lela Dorothy Ward. As my big sister would say, "what's YOUR name?" My Mami and Daddy took me to have my picture taken today. The first picture you see below is, well, proof that I'm a Lela and not some boy. I know the picture's a little hard to figure out, but trust me on this one.

Lela is my Daddy's maternal grandmother's name and Dorothy is my Mami's maternal grandmother's name, and you know how "green" Mami and Daddy are, so they decided to recycle both of those names. They've promised to tell me stories about both Lela and Dorothy one day.

The picture below is a little more ... dignified ... than the first one:
Sometimes I like to get a little silly (I get that from my big sister), like in the next picture where you can see me blowing bubbles. At least that's what Daddy says it looks like.
Ok, that's all for now. Remember, be nice to Mami and Daddy and Resli. I want them all to be in a good mood when I make my debut.

I can't wait to meet all of you!

4 comments:

Gillian Lord Ward said...

I'm counting the days until we meet in person, little Lela. For now, I'm glad to officially get to call you something other than "it" and "jelly bean". Keep up the good work kid, and ease up on those kicks in the middle of the night, if you could...
-Mami

Unknown said...

Hi Lela! I detect a strong family resemblance between you and your big sister when she was your age. Lucky you!
xo
Nana

Dr. L said...

Hi Lela - It's great to have a name to put with your face now! I'm having fun watching you grow!

Erica said...

Hi Lela! What a nice surprise to find out that you're a baby girl. I'm sure you and your sister Resli will have a great time growing together.

Would you like to play the same game I invited her to play? Resli or your mom can explain you how to play it.