1.15.2008

Aunts and Uncles and Priests ...

Oh My!

This past weekend my Aunt Melissa and Uncle Adam and Aunt Liz and Uncle Brian all came to town, and they went to church with me, Resli, Mami, Daddy, Granddaddy and Grandma. Resli and Mami and Daddy and I go to church nearly every Sunday, but I knew something was up when all these other relatives showed up at the same time.

"Hmmm," I said to myself ...


Turns out I was being baptized, which entailed Reverend Loch - a nice lady for whom I've always had high regard - POURING WATER ON MY HEAD. Yes, we were all getting along so nicely and then WHOOSH - water on my head, right there in front of everybody. It turned out ok, once the surprise wore off. I have to credit big sister Resli with helping me keep it all together during this - she leaned over and told me (and everyone else within hearing distance) , "It's ok Lela, don't be scared." When it was all done we took some pictures. For those of you relatively new to the blog, that's Uncle Adam on the left (and I say good for him!), Reverend Loch, Mami, Me, Daddy, Resli and Aunt Liz.


Afterwards the nice people at church had a cake for me and John David Stearns, the little boy who was also baptized Sunday.

No comments: