1.30.2008

My first volunteer work

Last week I generously gave my time and talents to help out with the UF Occupational Therapy Masters' students. They needed to practice assessments on real people, so I said, "Sure, you can assess me!"
Mami and I went to this big room with lots of people and mats and toys, and I met two very nice young women who played with me. First, they showed me this green donut. I grabbed at it, and they seemed very impressed - but I mean, for real, what would you do with that swinging in front of your face?

They also showed me blocks, but they were very little and I wasn't as interested in them. That's OK, because that's something that 5-month-olds are supposed to do, and I'm not quite there yet.

Mostly, I did a lot of smiling and cooing, which everyone seemed to enjoy.

Hopefully, this is the beginning of a lifetime of volunteerwork and service projects for me. It sure was fun!
(Oh, and by the way, I aced my assessment. I'm doing just fine!)

Posted by Picasa

No comments: