7.04.2009

My first trip to the beach

Can you beleive that I've lived in Florida for over 20 months now and had never been to the beach until yesterday! I know, shocking. But we fixed that with an overnight trip to St. Augustine.

I was getting ready for it all week by trying on my life jacket. Not only did it fit, but it was comfortable enough to wear around the house. Like, non-stop.
In the car, I donned my shades to get ready for all the sun and fun.
Pretty cool, huh?
We got to our hotel room and Resli and I had to get into our swimsuits and stuff. She was very impatient and wanted me to get ready faster. Boy was she excited about the beach!
At last, we headed down the boardwalk!
I liked the ocean a lot. It scared me a little when there were waves, but it was fun. I didn't like the sand on my toes, I kept trying to dust it off, but then it got on my hands. Luckily there was an outdoor shower and a pool, so we got to wash it all off. I had a great time chillin' in the pool in my inner tube floatie thing and watching Resli practice her swimming.
I got out sooner than Resli did because I was getting bored, so then I just sat there in my towel and relaxed a little.
The one thing I've learned I do not like is sitting in a wet swimsuit (and swimmie diaper) - as soon as we got back up to the room I took everything off! And immediately climbed up on the couch to read books.
(Shhh, don't tell housekeeping!)
I definitely hope we can go to the beach again. In spite of what the humid sea air does to my hairdo, that is:
Corkscrew curls or not, I definitely loved the trip!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Congratulations on your first trip to the beach! It looks like you had a great time. I want to see pictures of you in your inner tube thingie...and i LOVE what the humidity did to your hair!