8.11.2008

My 9-month (not so) "well" visit to the pediatrician

Today was my 9-month check up with Dr. Grooms. They call this a "well visit" although I think they should change the name, at least for me. More on that in a minute.
When we got there I discovered all the great toys they had in the waiting room. This is just like the one I have at home, although it doesn't speak Spanish like mine does.

Resli did a good job of showing me the other toys to play with. (She had her own adventures at the doctor's office too, check her blog for her version of events!)

I did a good job of entertaining myself by working on my cruising skills. I've also gotten quite good at standing unassisted.

Then in the examining room I started to get a little nervous, so Resli came up on the table to comfort me.

Then everything went by in a blur.

It turns out that on one hand, I'm very healthy:

  • I weigh 18 pounds 6 ounces...
  • I'm 28 inches tall...
  • And my head circumference continues to be way high up on those charts.
On the other hand, though, Dr. Grooms discovered that not only am I a little anemic (to be solved with liquid vitamins), but I also have ear infections in both ears! No wonder I've been a little out of sorts lately. So I've started my first ever round of antibiotics and hope to be on the mend soon. Wish me well!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I do! I do!
xo

Dr. L said...

I hope your ear infections get better quick!