3.20.2009

Shabbat Shalom!

Resli was such a good girl this week, and especially today which was apparently a challenging day for all of the kids in her class, that she got to be the Mitzvah Mensch again this week! So we got to celebrate Shabbat at home tonight. (Which is fitting, since apparently folks all over the country are doing it!)
So at dinner we said the blessings. (I say "we" but really I mean Resli. She's the only one who's got any ear for Hebrew.) Then drank from the kiddush cup:

Then tore in to the challah:

Lucikly, Resli understands the ritual of passing it around because I was over there yelling ¡pan! ¡pan! ("bread" in Spanish) incessantly.

Yep, I like me my pan. Bread, challah, pan, whatever you call it, I like it!

And here's a little greeting from us to you.


For the record, Mami thought I could say "Shabbat" because when we were leaving school this afternoon I walked in to the Shabbat room and kept saying "abbat" until she finally realized what I was saying. She said "Oh, you mean that's where you had Shabbat?" and I nodded vigorously and said, "Yeah. Yeah." So, see, she thought I would be equally communicative for the camera. Not.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: